Various Trials, and Christian Testimony, of that faithful Servant and Handmaid of the Lord,
Who departed this Life, at her House in Hempstead, in Hertfordshire, in the 72d Year of her Age.
Written by her own Hand.
Shewing her pious Care and Counsel to her Children, and according to their Desire, made Publick : Also for the Instruction and Benefit of many other Parents and Children concerned.
PROV. xxxi. 13. Who can find a virtuous Woman? &c.
Verse 30. A Woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
- A PREFACE Concerning the AUTHOR, and the following Book.
- A TESTIMONY From several Friends belonging to the Meeting, at Hemel, Hempstead, and the Parts adjacent, in the County of Hertford, concerning E. STIRREDGE, the 8th of the Third Month, 1711.
- JOHN THORNTON'S Account of his Neighbour ELIZABETH STIRREDGE.
- JOHN NEALE'S Testimony concerning ELIZABETH STIRREDGE.
- Concerning her Husband JAMES STIRREDGE, by the same Hand.
- Strength in Weakness Manifest: in the Life, Various Trials, and Christian Testimony of that faithful Servant and Handmaid of the Lord, Elizabeth Stirredge
- A FAITHFUL WARNING TO THE INHABITANTS OF ENGLAND, AND ELSEWHERE: With an invitation of Love unto all People, to call them to Repentance, and Amendment of Life; for by so doing, many have escaped the Judgments that have been to be poured down upon their Heads.
THE FOURTH EDITION.
(From the version)
PRINTED AND SOLD BY JAMES PHILLIPS,
LOMBARD STREET. 1795.
With grateful thanks to Friend Patrick J. Burns for providing me a lengthy opportunity with this old printing of ancient Friend E. Stirredge's Testimony to the Truth.